What may appear online as a professional, experienced company may actually be somebody working out of their home office. Make sure that you work with an experienced, established company with a verifiable track record. Some things are clearly evident at a glance:
• Location. Do they have a bricks-and-mortar office location? Do they have branches worldwide?
• References. What types of companies have chosen to do business with them? What do other customers have to say about them?
• Translation experts. Do they understand the psychology of translation? Do they demonstrate expertise? Can they translate with fluency and accuracy? Do they give special attention to the regional variants and cultural nuances of the language?
•Professional, trained linguists. Are they familiar with all styles and forms of the language? Does their profile indicate a profound knowledge and passion for language?
• Are they fast, flexible and responsive?
• Do they have a multilingual capability?
• Do they have a collaborative approach?
• Do they maintain a worldwide network of translators?
If the answer to any of these questions is ‘no’ or ‘I’m not really sure’, then you should not put your faith in the language service provider in question! QuickSilver is happy to be able to give a resounding ‘yes’ to all of them…