Finding the ideal language service provider – 8. What can I do internally to enhance the translation process?
- Posted by Stephen Whiteley
- On 13/10/2014
- Business translation, language service provider, Translation companies
Beyond being aware of your specific needs and communicating them to your translation provider, you can do several things to noticeably bolster the translation process.
- Provide context, images and/or explanations of your preferred terminology and proprietary products or services. Share your internal style guides, glossaries and/or resources.
- Explain project details such as the purpose of the document and the target audience. A marketing campaign directed to Spaniards in Madrid would be different from one aimed at Cuban-Americans in Miami.
- Design an Internal Review Process that works. Wherever possible, designate native language experts within your organisation who can review translations and provide feedback to your translation partner. Every minute spent on cultivating and enforcing this relationship will be well spent.