What are multi-language PDFs, and what are they for?
Multilingual, or multi-language, PDFs were developed because multinational corporations and SMEs alike waste huge time, effort and costs in creating and managing files — re-creating the same content, at a cost of one additional file per language.
Quicksilver Translate is no exception, and in fact our first Multilingual PDF was our own corporate presentation — which is now available in several languages, all in one file.
The PDF (portable document format) has become THE format for exchanging documents across companies and regions. All you need is a (free) copy of Adobe Reader on your computer.
Our multilingual technique allows our customers to maintain a single PDF file which not only includes all their translations, it also allows them to switch from one language version to another by simply clicking on a flag, or similar selector button.
To create the file, our customers can choose between two options:
- Send us their documents for translation, AND the creation of a Multilingual PDF
- Send us their previously translated documents to combine into Multilingual PDFs
The product has multiple benefits:
- The WOW factor — impress your customers and stakeholders!
- Improved quality control — as reviewing your translations is much easier with one-click switching on your screen
- Improved version control — as all your language versions stay together in a single file
- Simpler graphics maintenance — as you only need to make modifications to photos, drawings, tables, etc, once!
So just imagine sending a single, Multilingual PDF to ALL RECIPIENTS, and then your users simply choose which language they want read.