Proactive language providers will find creative ways of making your life easier, and will often offer services related to translation such as:
- Desktop publishing (DTP). It makes sense to have multilingual websites in HTML, catalogues and brochures in InDesign or QuarkXpress, and retail package designs or museum signs in CorelDRAW or Adobe Photoshop.
- Localisation. This is the process of translating a product into different languages or adapting a language for a specific country or region. Offer your website in British and American English. Target your marketing campaign to Parisians in France or Québécois in Canada.
- Transcription. Convert audio or video files into text, and then translate into any
- Subtitling. Embedded texts, in other languages if necessary for software video players or broadcast media. Offer your international users access to your online corporate presentation video in their own language. An alternative to more expensive dubbing.
- Language consultancy. Advice for developing a language strategy before expanding to global markets. Linguists conduct audits to determine your foreign language needs in terms of tasks, global market and communication flow.